Cobalt collects the enterprise data from any monitoring source and Layer M continuously analyzes the data to provide actionable information. As needed,this intelligence is sent to existing tools in the enterprise network. Layer M is Cobalt’s Intelligence Module which provides actionable intelligence that can be used to answer key strategic questions about the network infrastructure and planning, including:
- What IP ranges are being used?
- Is network traffic being routed with least hops?
- What are the implications to the network (latency and bandwidth) of placing a server in a specific data center?
- What are the existing entry and egress points for access to and from the Internet?
- Where should we place Intrusion Detection sensors on our global network?
- What is the best approach for data location for a given application?
- What is the business risk for a network failure at a given site?
- Where do we need network redundancy?
- Where are the bottlenecks on the network?
- What are the network implications of adding a new site to support?
- What are the network implications of changing access for a given site or sites?
Cobalt and Layer M leverage existing infrastructure assets and tools to continuously collect and analyze data. As your network transforms to adopt dynamic workflows and enabling technologies, Cobalt provides secure insight, control and response.